Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Quiet Harbor
Fine lines...

Anytime you decide you are going to edit a piece you always come across the 'fine lines.' And boy those take time to edit...
Boats or harbors seem to have no shortage of these, just as in this photo.
I have been going through some older photos and Ocracoke Harbor is always a favorite subject. This is actually called Silver Lake...I have taken some wonderful shots here. This was in 2005.

Boats, quiet docks ... seagulls in the air.
No one seems to be in a hurry to go anywhere.
There is a fine line in everything. That is my opinion; maybe you disagree. That's ok.
Just like the way I work something. I do it because I like it. As an artist that is the ultimate driving force. If you are forced or compelled to do things in a way that is not in your heart, then you lose the passion and it shows. The work lacks. I love seeing other works and how they were interpreted...just thinking. A different perspective.


Please feel free to visit our site! 
We offer the only all inclusive - All Breed clip art anywhere! Also offering - embroidery designs and custom work.  VISIT:  AHEAD Graphics  

2 comments:

  1. ohhh Amy, I so totally agree about both the beautiful shot and your interpretation and remark....that's why I can never be on a CT or work to order. Been there, tried it and failed. I have to follow my own instincts and passions and only then can I produce. This is only referring to myself, lol. Others seem to do just fine with CT's and stuff. Anyway, I have a friend in Canada who is continuously trying to stop me from doing what I love doing. Whatever I do, I LOVE it and some people just don't 'get it'.....I keep being told 'ignore the computer, the email, sit back and smell the roses', but some people don't understand that when I am 'working' on something, I am actually smelling the roses. Darn it. Lol. As you can see, I love your entry. (I am going to post part of this in my blog, hehe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa................. I think this might be one of my favorite photos you've done!!! There are so many things that strike me. I love the reaching vertical lines into the beautiful sky. The coloration is perfect and I really appreciate the horizontal flow. The white building with the red roof seems to frame it all. I would be more than happy to hang this on my wall. BRAVO!!!!!

    With regards to working a photo the way YOU like to: Sometimes I struggle between what pleases my eye and what I know is 'more acceptable' to the photographers. I will often work a photo, save it and then start from scratch another time. Sometimes I surprise myself with what I really prefer!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!