Friday, April 18, 2014

Hounding the Light...
Light Hound


I have come to learn that I really do like 'writing with light.' (well that is the direct translation of what the word photography means!)

This is a classic portrait of a young hound/pointer named Oliver.
I was able to capture this image in a moment..and then he was gone. Getting a dog - let alone a young one - to sit still is a monumental task!

As you look through the gazillions of portfolios of other photographers you will see a trend away from some of the classic work. It seems everyone has some sort of 'light' source injected into the shot and it is not real. Well, not always... Okay, I don't have a problem with changing things up a bit but sometimes it is just nice to see the photograph. The image I envisioned before I pressed the shutter.


Here it is.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have your link anymore but here I am - found it via my own blog. You must be so proud having achieved your goal and taking shots that are truly admirable. I love the effect of light here and of course, the title really is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. years have passed and for some reason I am thinking of you and your beautiful work. Just letting you know that I never forgot.
    Stay safe. I miss our scrapping.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!